Supporting the Bedouin
Over 60% of the cost of the trip directly contributes towards sustaining the Bedouin community in various ways, including paying for the many services they provide and supporting the charitable work of the Makhad Trust. Any work you undertake whilst on your journey also contributes directly to the wellbeing of the Bedouin.
SKGR journey 2014
- 14 October - 23 October 2014
- Journey number
- £725.00 excluding flights, price includes all accomodation, food, local transport, guides and tipping.
- Project Materials
- Participants will be asked to raise £1500 to pay for the cost of the dam building materials for this project.
- John Hill and SKGR invite you to join him on a journey to repair and maintain a small dam in the High Mountains of South Sinai, Egypt. The journey will start with a two day visit to the desert while we acclimatise before moving up to the mountains where we will work on the dam. This dam plays a vital role in the provision of scarce rainwater needed to fill the Bedouin garden wells. The wells supply 500 traditional orchard gardens in the mountains but many gardens are dying through lack of water. The journey will finish with an overnight stay on the coast..
- For the journey arrangements click here